Tuesday, February 23, 2021

February 23











February 23

One day a lady from the photography club came to my friend's house to let me know that there was a caracara eating a fish right next to Turtle Pond.  Of course, I had my camera and headed towards its location and was surprised to see it was still there.  When I pulled up in my golf cart, it moved away, but soon returned to take a few more bites.  I stayed for quite a while observing its behaviour.  Another caracara came by, but it was too shy to come close.  

Often, as I drive around Red Blush, I stop by the canals to watch the birds.  I like photographing the blue-winged teals getting baths and chasing each other.  In the past few years, I haven't seen any of the blue-winged teals or ring-necked ducks there.  I have included photos from the last time I saw them.

I often photograph flowers and plants that attract my attention while walking, and I have included a few today as well.

You can view today's album here - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=kbrucelanetravel&set=a.1735261009980193

Feel free to share! 


 

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...