Sunday, December 16, 2012

Venice Gondolas 2

















 Venice Gondolas 2

When we were heading to the cruise ship, instead of taking the water bus, which cost around $70, we decided to take a water taxi at a cost of $140. I asked at the front desk if anyone else was heading to the cruise port and if they would be interested in sharing a taxi. There was one other couple going there so front desk attendant called and asked if they were willing to share. Fortunately they were and when we met them they were nice people from St. John's, about 30 miles from us. As I said before - Venice is an expensive city.

Today's photos were taken during our taxi ride and you will see that the canals were very busy. I stood next to the taxi driver and made about 100 photos in the canals and along the Grand Canal. It was interesting to see buildings and bridges from a boat. In one of the photos I've uploaded you can see how the gondoliers have to bend over when passing under bridges. Since I was standing in a boat, I also had to duck and once, while shooting behind us and not paying attention, my hat brushed the concrete of one of the bridges. I was lucky, because I could have been hurt if it had been a couple inches lower.

Those of you who are friends on Facebook will know that I have been sharing Christmas images for the past few days. Starting today, I will also share them with my 750 Photo of the Day subscribers as well.
Many of you have been promoting using "Merry Christmas" instead of Happy Holidays and I agree. It is Christmas and we are celebrating the birth of Christ. Why isn't it politically incorrect to say Merry Christmas? I don't think the word
s should be offensie to anyone. I am not Jewish but don't get offended by "Happy Hanukkah". I know this time of the year that Hindus celebrate Diwali, the Festival of Lights and Buddhists celebrate the end of Kathina, and none of those offend me either.

Isn't it time all religions learned to respect each other? After all don't they all teach love and tolerance?

Feel free to share these photos with family and friends.



Photos of the Day are for sale as:


No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...