Thursday, December 20, 2012

Venice People 2















 Venice People 2

These days nearly everyone carries a digital camera with them whether they be DSLRs, point and shoot cameras, iPads, iPhones, or other phones with cameras. I see people taking photos everywhere I go and, often, I try to capture them taking pictures. Often I come upon a scene and just miss the actual "pose" but capture them just as the photos have been taken. No one has ever asked me why I am taking their pictures as they pose for another photographer.

The first photo was taken looking through an archway towards the Grand Canal in Venice. The photographer was taking a photo but just as I focused, he stopped and bent over. I waited for him to stand but the scene changed before he stood up again and I moved on.

As I walked across a bridge, I saw a young woman posing with a Venetian mask on her face. Just as I took the photo she removed the mask and the photographer looked at the photo she had just taken. When I looked at the image, I still liked it even though I missed the shot I was trying to get.

When I saw the priest talking to the two young men I was far away and used my Nikon P500 because it had a zoom lens.  I was worried I might miss the scene, but they were deep in conversation and didn't move until after I made this image.  I shared the original and a cropped version this morning.

I saw another young woman posing for a photo outside a shop. If you look at the vase on the red chair you may recognize it from one of my Venice Art posts.

When I saw another gondolier checking his phone I decided to make a couple of photos. Other photos show people in cafés and walking the narrow streets.


Merry Christmas
This Christmas scene was taken in Holyrood.




Photos of the Day are for sale as:


No comments:

People

People It's been a while since I shared photos of people going about their daily activities, but I'll add more photos to my People 4...