Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Civitavecchia, Italy 7












 Civitavecchia, Italy 7

This is the last of my Civitavecchia Series. Tomorrow I plan to begin photos taken in Sorrento, Italy.

As you already know, the theme of my Photo of the Day is EVERYTHING'S A PICTURE and all the photos I've shared over the past 9 years reflect this theme. Some people have wondered why I show so many images of similar scenes. When you are looking for photographs, you are looking at your surroundings for a scene that catches your attention and that you want to share with others.  I have fourty-three years experience making photos and still enjoy discovering new things through the viewfinder of my camera. And, obviously, I enjoy sharing my photos with others.

A high percentage of the 750 people on my email lists are photographers who like it when I provide hints and lessons about photography. By viewing the photos I take, whether in my back yard or in exotic locations, you should get an idea of the process of making a photograph. First you have to "see" your subject and decide how you feel about it. Then you have to compose the image and capture it. I usually try different angles and make more than one image of most subjects.

For example, the first two photos show an empty side street in Civitavecchia. This was so unusual - most streets were crowded and it was difficult to take a picture. I was happy to see an empty street and made a few photos. The third and fourth images show crowded streets with tables and chairs. I mentioned before that I photographed the little cafes everywhere I saw them. I saw a cat having a nap and stopped to photograph it. Even though I was fairly close, it didn't wake. I photographed several cats on my most recent trip, especially in Greece and Turkey where there seemed to be LOTS of them.



NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR
LINK OF THE DAY





Photos of the Day are for sale as:



No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...