Thursday, August 13, 2009

Change Islands 16



The first two photos this morning show different views of the same subject. I wanted to show the two boats in the foreground with the larger boat and fishing stage in the background. I chose to shoot a vertical image but didn't want the houses in the background. When I took the landscape image, part of the houses were cut but more of the red stage just behind the boats was visible. I made the photograph anyway because I knew I could crop it later.

Using my 75-300mm lens enabled me to make the third photo without including other buildings around it. Note the tall supports under the fish flake behind the red stage.

The last two images show different views of the same building. It is hard to believe that the wooden supports can hold the weight of the building and that they survive the ice during winter.





No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...