Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Change Islands 7





I missed yesterday's post because I was travelling to Nova Scotia. I will be here for two weeks and will continue posting my Photo of the Day when I have Internet access.

If you have visited Change Islands you will know that the roads around the town are behind the stages so it is difficult to get to many of them without crossing private property. The photos I share today were taken from one of the stages. I asked a gentleman if I could go on his property to take a few photos and he gave permission.


The first photo shows the side of the stage with two, nearly identical outbuildings. I added the lines created by side of the stage which lead your eyes to the scene in the background. At first the two sbuildings in the second image looked the same, but when I looked more closely I could see several differences. The third shows a view of the front of the stage.


I framed the stage in the fourth photo with the wooden structure (I think it may be used for drying nets) in the foreground. I also photographed the stage without the structure, but liked this one better. The final image today shows the view looking the opposite direction. I liked the traditional wooden fence with red barn and water in the background.






No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...