Sunday, August 23, 2009

Salvage 4





Today I am continuing with my Salvage series. The first four photos were taken from across the harbour using my 75-300 mm lens. This lens allows me to show closer views of the houses and stages in the town. The last was taken with a wide angle lens. This view shows the harbour but does not allow you to see details of the buildings.

Just to give you an update on the weather situation I referred to. Today's forecast says that when "Bill" hits southeastern Newfoundland it will be classified as a tropical storm and will bring around 100 mm of rain in 6-10 hours with winds up to 120 km/hr. There is a danger of flooding with so much rain in a short period of time.


No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...