Saturday, August 08, 2009

Change Islands 11






The first four photos this morning were taken from the same location. Examine the photos and you will see how using a combination of portrait (vertical) and landscape (horizontal) and pointing the camera a little to the left or right changes the view. The last photo shows a wider view of the area and was taken a short distance from the others.

I have mentioned this many times over the six years I have been sending my photo of the day to subscribers around the world and encourage the budding photographers on my list to take more than one photo of a subject when making photographs.


I plan to continue the Change Islands series for a few more days. Normally I don't keep the same subject for so many days, but I hope you agree that this community is unique and deserves the attention. Years ago fishing stages in most communities in Newfoundland and Labrador would be well-maintained because they were in use, but these days it is a rare find to find so many in one location.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...