Thursday, August 06, 2009

Change Islands 9





The orange shed was in someone's back yard rather than on the ocean. It was similar to the fishing stages on the water and I thought it was an interesting colour. The red shed in the second photo is not a fishing stage either. You can see that it is near the water, but it doesn't have a "stage head" where fishers dock their boats, cut fish and store items for fishing.

I often take close views of buildings which emphasize the doors and windows. At first glance this looks like the previous building, but look closely and you will see the differences.


Change Islands has been described as the "Fishing Stage Capital of the World" and my last 9 posts have provided evidence of this fact. The first photo was taken on the north island, but the rest of the photos today were taken on the south island.


I will be in Nova Scotia for another 10 days and will continue with the Change Islands series for a while.




No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...