Friday, August 14, 2009

Change Islands 17





This is the last posting in my Change Islands series. As I said earlier, I normally don't send so many photos of the same place, but this community offered exceptional photo ops.

As I travel around Newfoundland and Labrador, I often photograph clotheslines, one of my most popular photographic subjects. I have been interviewed by radio and newspaper reporters all across Canada about the photos. In many cities, clotheslines are banned because they are considered unsightly. I am happy to say that in outports in our province have not taken this drastic step. In this time of environmental awareness it would make sense to encourage "wind-drying" of clothes because it saves energy and money. Feel free to check out my Clothelines Gallery at
www.lanephotography.com/clotheslines/clothes_lines.htm

You can see by the last two photos this morning that the sunny day was ending as we waited for the ferry to take us back to Farewell, on the mainland of the island of Newfoundland. If you haven't been to Change Islands, I would certainly recommend you add it to your "Places to Visit"!


No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...