Friday, August 21, 2009

Salvage 2






For the next few days I will be sharing more photos of Salvage, a scenic town located in Bonavista Bay on the island of Newfoundland. I imagine I have relatives living there since my paternal grandparents were from this area of the province and moved to Grand Falls when a paper mill opened early in the last century.

Yesterday a person on my list sent the following statement, "These pictures are 100% better than Peggy's Cove."

I have visited Peggy's Cove, and while it is a small, scenic community that I enjoyed photographing, there are many communities in Newfoundland and Labrador that are as scenic, or more scenic as was pointed out. I guess it all comes down to marketing. Peggy's Cove gets thousands of visitors per day during the summer months. I wonder if more people visit that small town than visit our entire province.




No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...