Monday, August 24, 2009

Salvage 5






This is the last in my Salvage series for now. I hope you have enjoyed the virtual tours of Newfoundland communities that I shared throughout the summer. I have received many comments about our province and several people have said they plan to visit as a result of these tours.

Even though Hurricane Bill was still a Category 1 Hurricane when it passed through Newfoundland and dropped heavy rains and wind, there have been few reports of damage. According to reports, the reason there was little damage was because the storm picked up speed and didn't have time to drop as much rain as predicted. At 6 am, there were patches of blue sky here in Holyrood.



No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...