Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bell Island 3












Bell Island 3

Today's images, which include houses, a fire truck, and plants, were taken as I drove around Bell Island.  I also photographed several of the murals in Wabana and will share those tomorrow.

The first house caught my attention because of the windows and bright yellow door.  Then I noticed the interesting "raised" deck behind the house.  The owners have built a small deck, big enough for a couple of chairs, about 6 feet off the ground.  I assume the view is better from that height.

The old truck is (or was) used as a Training Pumper and I stopped to make a few images of it.  Can anyone tell me the year of the vehicle?  I would think it is the late 1950s.


I made photos of the flowers (harebells), tree and cranberries along the path to the "Clapper" on the west side of the island.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends

SUMMER SALE - SAVE 50%. 
DETAILS AT: http://www.lanephotography.com/summer-sale-details.htm



Photos of the Day are for sale as:


No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...