Friday, December 16, 2011

Sheep 3






Sheep 3

This will be the last in my Sheep series for now. Today's photos were scanned from slides and were taken in the early 80s.

The first was photographed on a petting farm that used to be in Pippy Park. I used to take my boys there often when we lived in St. John's in 1981-1982. It was a great place to take kids, but I assume not too many people went there because I took them back there after we mved to Holyrood and it was closed.

In those days sheep ran wild all along the Cape Shore right to Cape St. Mary's. The town across the harbour is Placentia/Jerseyside. I've uploaded a couple of views from that area of the province.

I saw a ewe and lamb not too far from my house in Holyrood. At first they were just lying on the grass, but after a few minutes, the lamb started to feed. Even though I was shooting slides at a cost of $0.50 each I still always took more than one photo and really liked the two I made of those sheep that day.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows
and/or wallpapers/screensavers.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...