Friday, October 22, 2010

Rockies 4






Today I chose closer views of the Rocky Mountains to share with you. While it is isn't easy to judge the size of the cliffs, there are trees in a few of the photos. I estimate that the trees are 30 feet high - I had just travelled over trees in a gondola trip to the summit of Sulphur Mountain and was looking down at trees during that trip.

When I look at the steep mountains I am amazed that trees would grow so high up on the steep rocky cliffs. Not only do they have to take root and find nutrients, but have to survive the heavy snow and bitter winds of winter, as well as rushing waters of melting snow and heavy rains of spring.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...