Sunday, October 10, 2010

Giraffes 2






After we walked by several other enclosures, we came to a raised platform where you can see above the fences. This gives visitors the opportunity to view and photograph the animals in that enclosure without obstructions. You can see in the first photo that I am positioned above the giraffes and shooting downwards.

There were two giraffes trying to eat greenery off the trees, but chicken wire forced them to use their long tongues to reach the leaves. I zoomed in for a closer view, then cropped out as much of the background as possible to make the other images I am sharing today.

I have always found giraffes to be interesting as I watched them on nature shows and I was happy to photograph a few of them even if it was in a zoo.

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...