Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Florence, Italy 13
















Florence, Italy 13

Today's photos include a series of images of the sculptures on the facade of the Basilica di Santa Croce in Florence. One sculpture shows a religious figure from the 13th century who appears to be pointing to a book. Since it a church, I assume it may be the Bible, but I am not certain. I found it interesting that it looks like he is looking out through a window.

I shared a few images of the statue of Dante already, but included a couple more today. In case you are interested, Dante is buried in Ravenna, Italy not Florence.





NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR
LINK OF THE DAY








Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...