Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Boats and Stages 15







Boats and Stages 15

I've been sharing images of Boats for the past 15 days and still have lots more in my files.  I still photograph boats everywhere I go and continue to build my collection.  If you are interested, I have more Boat Pics on my web site at:  http://www.lanephotography.com/boats/boatpics/boatpics_intro.htm.

Today's photos were taken in communities located on the Northwest Avalon: Bay de Verde, Old Perlican, Red Head Cove and Hopeall and show boats that are still used as well as a few that are not.  The weather here has been great (now 21 days without rain) and with the opening of the "food Fishery" (people are allowed to catch a limited amount of codfish for food for a couple of weeks) there are many boats in the bays and coves around the province. I encourage you to make photographs of boats on the water (and the shore) no matter where you live, because you would be preserving a little bit of our history and culture.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...