Sunday, July 08, 2012

Red Fox







Red Fox

A red fox walked into an open section of its enclosure, walked around, looked at the people, then pounced on an unfortunate mouse that was in the wrong place and the wrong time. Once the fox had eaten most of it, it decided to play with what was left. It jumped into the air pouncing on the small piece of mouse, held it in its mouth and tossed it into the air, and walked a couple of steps on two legs. It certainly was interesting to watch a fox acting like a cat.

Red foxes are common around here in Newfoundland and Labrador and I have seen them in the wild lots of times. Usually foxes run away once they realize a person is nearby, but on one occasion a fox came right up so me, looked at me curiously for a few minutes, then walked off the trail into the forest. It was an interesting encounter for both!

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...