Friday, July 06, 2012

River Otters







River Otters

River otters are native to Newfoundland and Labrador and were a favourite at the Salmonier Nature Park because of their playfulness and willingness to put on a show for visitors. Last week, the river otter enclosure was closed because there were no animals there. It looked like beavers had been moved to the enclosure where the otters used to be and I don't remember seeing a sign for another enclosure for otters. It would be a shame if there were no otters in the park these days, because they are not easy to see in the wild. I have never seen any in all the years I've been hiking in the the forest and near many rivers in this province. Fortunately I captured a few photos during my trip there in 2006 and can share them with you today.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...