Sunday, July 29, 2012

Flowers






Flowers

I've been photographing a few other species of flowers in my yard. My wife purchased one foxglove plant several years ago and I took several photos of it. When I found out the flowers could poison a child, I pulled them up. They still grow here even though I pull up every one that I see. Just this week I found three plants blooming in a secluded part of my yard. I am amazed that they all came from that one plant and the seeds survived that long.
My wife purchased a "straw daisy" which is producing many blooms now.  The peony was a gift from a student at my school several years ago. Each year he (his parents) gave me a gift of a perennial which I planted in one area of my yard. When I moved, I took some of the the plants with me and they are flourishing in their new locations.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:




1 comment:

William F Matthews said...

Excellent flower pictures. There are many plants in Nature which are poisonous to humans but not (perhaps) to birds and other wildlife. Foxglove is Digitalis, poisonous in quantity but also a heart drug. Monkshood is Aconitum just as poisonous. It is a good idea to teach children to put nothing in their mouths until they KNOW it is okay to eat.

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...