Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cupids










Cupids

Cupids is the oldest English continuous settlement in Canada and possibly all of North America. Originally settled by John Guy in 1610, last year it celebrated its 400th anniversary and had visitors from around the world. According to Wikipedia, this community has also been known as Cuper's Cove, Coper's Cove, Cuperts and Coopers.

Cupid's is about 40 minute drive from my home so I have been there several times over the years. In fact there is one house there that was in a terrible state of disrepair for many years. During my last visit I noticed that the house has bee repaired. Of course that is the topic of a future Photo of the Day.

Photos of the Day are for sale as stock photographs
and photographic enlargements.
They can also be purchased as slide shows

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My father's family was originally from here!

Chihuahuas

Chihuahuas I am sharing photos of chihuahuas to my second album featuring pictures of this small breed of dogs. I have provided links to bot...