Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fishing




Today's photos were taken in Holyrood the same morning as the photos I have shared over the past two days. Fishermen were checking their nets in the harbour and I liked the calm water and the way the orange stood out in the early morning light.

I took the first photo from the highway looking toward the harbour. The second image was taken towards the rising sun and I was standing on the same wharf from which I made the photos over the past two days. You can tell that I am shooting at a much lower angle to make this image. Next I zoomed back to show the entire boat, but revealed the oil storage tanks in the background.

While you are looking at the three images today, ask yourself if the photos have different messages because of the angle and "in-camera" cropping.


No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...