Friday, August 31, 2007

Leaves

A few days ago I was standing on my front deck and there was a quick downpour of rain followed by a sunny period. I noticed the interesting lighting on the leaves with water droplets and decided to take a few photos.

The leaves in first photo are mountain ash (dogberry) and the others are maple. Because these trees provide lots of shade, the background is nearly black. The interesting thing about these images is that the subjects are extremely common this time of the year and I stood just outside my front door to make them.

The photos over the past few days really represent the theme of my Photo of the Day. Many of you have been receiving my photos for several years and have been "seeing" the world through my eyes. You will realize that by observing the world around me, I find beauty in simple things that many people take for granted. Cinnamon buns, hands, windows and doors, leaves ... EVERYTHING'S A PICTURE.

I have received many emails from people who have told me that, because of my photos and comments, they are "seeing" their worlds differently than before joining my list. Those comments are rewarding for me because it illustrates that sharing my photos is opening others' eyes to the beauty around them.





No comments:

Posters

Posters I have been creating posters with my photos for a few years and am sharing them in my 4th Posters Album. When I see an interesting q...