Sunday, August 26, 2007

Red-Osier Dogwood

Earlier today I was photographing the dam in Millertown when I noticed a small shrub (around 1 metre high) with bunches of white berries. I don't remember seeing these berries before, so when I returned home, I looked it up in my Shrubs of Newfoundland book. I have identified it as red-osier dogwood. If anyone on this list can confirm that this plant is red-osier dogwood, I would like to know. I did a search on line and some people have identified similar white berries as common snowberries.

I have included two images of the berries and one of the habitat in which it was growing. When photographing plants, I try to capture close-up images of the berries and leaves. I also photograph the plant in its natural surroundings. It really helps when trying to identify plants.





No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...