Tuesday, August 14, 2007

White Admiral Butterfly

Most of you may have realized that recently I have been taking many photos in the woods behind my house. A couple of days ago, a butterfly attracted my attention as it flitted from flower to flower on the trail in front of me.

The first photo shows the butterfly resting on a flower with the sunlight illuminating it from behind. I identified the butterfly as a white admiral. This particular butterfly was in bad shape - wings torn and ragged. I assume it had been attacked by a predator, but was lucky enough to get away.




1 comment:

bearkat said...

Bruce..am enjoying all of your pictures...loved the butterflies...they are symbolic in our family...especially with my youngest sister and I...we are so reminded of our Mom who passed away suddenly over 4 years ago. Thanks!

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...