Friday, August 03, 2007

Holyrood

This summer I have been walking to the hills behind my house three or four times a week, depending on the weather. On yesterday's walk I hiked to the highest point. This morning I am sharing two photos taken as I neared the summit.

The first photo was taken with my 18-55 mm lens on maximum zoom. I liked this composition because it emphasized the rugged hills and steep drop. I zoomed back to capture the second image. This view shows more of the area as well as the highest point on the mountain - my destination.

Over the years, I have hiked to this area numerous times and always enjoy the beauty, peace and quiet that this special place has to offer.




No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...