Saturday, September 01, 2007

Mushrooms

As I walk through the forest I see many different types of mushrooms and, if the ground isn't too wet, I often stop to photograph them. Today I am sharing three photos of the same mushroom. The close-up images were cropped from other photos.

I am sharing these today to illustrate that things look very different when you get closer to them. The shapes, colours and textures in the close views are very interesting. In the past I have had people guess what the photos were, but the last time I sent close-up views of a mushroom, nearly everyone figured it out.

I do not have a mushroom identification book and the photos on line don't really match the mushroom in today's photo. Once again, I ask if anyone can identify this mushroom for me.





No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...