Saturday, August 01, 2015

Woodland Caribou 2






















Woodland Caribou 2

My first trip to the southern Avalon to photograph woodland caribou was in the Spring of 1982. I remember the excitement of seeing 3 or 4 caribou grazing on the grasses, then trying to sneak up on them to get close enough to get a few photos.

Then, later, when the herd was at its peak, all I had to do was drive around anywhere between Peter's River and St. Shott's to see caribou just about everywhere. Most of today's photos were taken on July 13, 2002 and it was the last time I saw so many caribou together. As you can see from the photos, other visitors to the area were enjoying seeing them as well.


You can view my updated Caribou Galleries at: http://www.lanephotography.com/caribou/caribou.htm

Feel free to share with family and friends.

You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...