Sunday, August 16, 2015

Bakeapples/Cloudberries 2













Bakeapples/Cloudberries 2

Today's photos show the berries after they have ripened.

Once, as I was picking bakeapples, I noticed that some berries were partially eaten. I suspected that birds were the culprits until I saw a fox walking across the bog quickly going from plant to plant and eating the ripe berries. I assumed that occasionally it didn't quite get the entire berry leaving behind small pieces. Myestery solved. Of course, other animals, including birds, probably feed on the nutritious berries when they are ripe.

If you decide to make close views of bakeapples/cloudberries, be prepared to get wet because they grow on boggy land. :)

Feel free to share with family and friends.

You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...