Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Cupids









Cupids
August 2, 2015

Cupids is another one of those communities in which I seem to photograph mostly houses. I know I have photos of the yellow house going back nearly 30 years. It was once so dilapidated that I thought it would soon be gone forever, but it has been restored and whoever owns it did a terrific job.

While many fish plants around the province have closed, the one nestled in Cupids Harbour seems to be fairly active.

Cupids is the oldest British community in Canada and was settled permanently in 1610. I can't imagine how those early settlers survived the long, harsh winters back then.  

Feel free to share with family and friends.

You can view more of my photos on my web site and Facebook Pages:

No comments:

Tulips

Tulips Tulips are a sign of spring, but my tulip gardens are under a foot or two of snow. It will be a while before we see the beauty of the...