Thursday, December 11, 2014

Winter 5












Winter 5

Today's photos were all taken in and around the Town of Holyrood, many of which were taken during snowshoe hikes to the hills behind my house. 

Walking on snowshoes is good exercise, gets me outside during the cold winter months and provided great photo ops.  Not only is it very beautiful bit also very peaceful.  Other than a few chickadees who fly close to check me out, I am usually alone and I enjoy the peace and quiet.


Walking in the winter has other advantages as well.  There are no bugs, I can walk over bogs without getting wet and I can walk across ponds and lakes instead of around them so I can explore places that would be more difficult in other seasons.

Feel free to share with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...