Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas










Christmas

Today I am starting a Christmas Series and will share Nativity Scenes from around the world.  I have done this for the past few years and some of the photos may be repeats.  However, I decided to go ahead with the theme.  Many of you are new to my Photo of the Day and haven't seen the images before.  For others, I trust you will still enjoy seeing how the Nativity is interpreted by artists from different cultures.


These days Christmas has become a SEASON - a season that seems to get longer every year. And, it is no longer a religious season but an economic season that is hard to escape.  Gifts are bigger and more expensive - in fact this year I saw many ads for Rolex, Cartier, diamond jewellery, and cars including Lincoln and Lexus.  For me, this does not represent the true meaning of Christmas ....

Feel free to share with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...