Sunday, January 19, 2014

Philipsburg, St. Maarten 5

















Philipsburg, St. Maarten 5

This is the last in my St. Maarten Series for now.  You will see from the images I am sharing today that there were more people around later in the afternoon.  Maybe people from the cruise ships who were on shore excursions were back and decided to check out the beach area in Philipsburg.

As you can see from the photos over the past five days, there were many restaurants and bars along the beach and the theme of pirates was a popular one there.  My wife and I stopped in the little green establishment in the eighth photo for a beer and free Wi-Fi.  We'd been on the ship for 10 days, and Wi-Fi is very expensive - around $0.75 a minute.  The beer on board the ship was $6.80 (including gratuities) each, so 2 beer for $3.00 sounded like a really good deal!!


I saw a young girl posing for a photographer and made an image of her on a bench .... Maybe I should have made more images of her as she struck many different poses around the bench and on the beach.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...