Sunday, January 12, 2014

Transatlantic Sunrise 4


















Transatlantic Sunrise 4

On November 3, we observed a near total eclipse of the sun, though it was too bright to photograph and too dangerous to look at directly.  The eclipse was advertised extensively on the ship so there were hundreds of people around for the sunrise that morning.  A few people were prepared and had pieces of cardboard with a pinhole and were able to see the eclipse reflected off a sheet of paper.

This morning I am sharing 18 photos taken as the sun rose above the horizon.  The conditions were perfect - a few clouds to add colour to the sky and a clear view of the sun.  I have mentioned many times over the past eleven years that you have to be very careful when making photos of the sun.  As it rises higher in the sky, it becomes very bright and can damage your eyes if you look at it directly for a long time.  I glance through the viewfinder to compose my photo, then look away very quickly.

I thought I'd share a comment I received yesterday:

Beautiful Sunrises Bruce. Sort of brings one back to thinking what an awesome Universe we have.

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Churches

Churches I am presently adding photos to my Churches 3 Facebook album on my Communities and Culture Page. Wherever I go, I photograph church...