Sunday, August 05, 2012

Opening Photos 5







Opening Photos 5

Thanks again for the positive comments on this series. I've added links to the Galleries today's photos were linked to when I used them as Opening Photos on my site..
  1. The woodland caribou herd on the southern Avalon near St. Shott's held up traffic for quite a while when I was there looking for photos in the summer of 2002. The last time I went there, I didn't even see one caribou. How things change is less than ten years!
  2. A lone humpback whale slaps its flipper on the surface of the ocean near Witless Bay.
  3. Cape St. Mary's is an ideal place to photograph northern gannets. I was able to get very close to capture this image.
  4. I photographed the cliffs and ocean near the Town of Burin on the Burin Peninsula.  This photo was linked to Seascapes.
  5. I've photographed the rocks and cliffs around the Town of Brigus several times.  This photo was linked to my Scenics Galleries.
  6. I photographed several classic cars at Holyrood's Squid Fest and created images with new sky backgrounds.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...