Monday, August 20, 2012

Wood Storks






Wood Storks

I have been updating web sites for the past few days, especially the Florida Birds Galleries. At the time most of them were created, I was uploading very small image sizes and, after viewing them on someone else`s computer, I realized that there were problems with the tables on several of the pages. Since I had to fix them anyway, I decided to increase the images size as well.

It was during a visit to Florida in 2007 that I first saw wood storks. I photographed a flock of about a dozen birds a few times during the 10 days I spent in Citrus Park, located near Bonita Springs in Southwest Florida. Wood storks are the only storks that presently breed on the United States and there is a small endangered population that breeds in Florida. Even though I have been to Florida three times since then, I haven`t seen any of these birds so I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to photograph them that year.

If you would like to view the updated page, feel free to visit: http://www.lanephotography.com/birds/wood_stork/wood_stork_01.htm

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...