Saturday, August 11, 2012

Opening Photos 11






Opening Photos 11

When I first started my web site, I used to change the opening photos often, but after a couple of years I changed them only every month or so. Last year I used the same photo for nearly a full year - mainly because I liked that photo a lot.
  1. I like making photos of leaves with the sun lighting them from behind.  The leaves are translucent   emphasizing the veins, shapes and textures. This photo shows the leaves of a small alder tree.
  2. The rotting stump of a tree had interesting shapes and textures.
  3. I used images of seals as opening photos at least three times in the past 10 years.
  4. The photo of winter ice was taken from Trinity East in Trinity Bay.
  5. I have photographed Peggy's Cove Lighthouse twice, once from land and once from the sea. The musician posed for a photos for many visitors to the lighthouse the day I was there in 2004.
  6. I've shared a couple of images of wild roses, one of my favourite wildflowers, since stating this series. The rose hips in fall and winter are also great photographic subjects because of the bright red colours, a welcome sight in a land of white.

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...