Friday, August 10, 2012

Opening Photos 10






Opening Photos 10

This morning I skipped several opening photos because I shared them in my recent Icebergs Series during May and June 2012. I plan to continue this series for another few days before moving to another subject.
  1. The shapes created by the ocean on the sandy beach in Salmon Cove made an interesting Abstract image.
  2. I've only been to Cape Race once and, since it was a beautiful day without fog, I was able to make several photographs of the lighthouse.
  3. If you have never been to Cape St. Mary's to view the northern gannet colony, the second largest in North America, you should add it to your list of places to visit!!
  4. I have photographed ospreys in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and Florida. Earlier this summer I spotted 2 of these beautiful birds flying overhead, then a week or so ago I spotted 4 circling overhead. I am assuming they are the same family.
  5. I have photographed Peggy's Cove Lighthouse twice, once from land and once from the sea.
  6. Sunrises are ideal opportunities to capture images that portray peace and beauty.

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...