Friday, December 04, 2009

Twillingate 8





Today's photos show a little of the culture of our province. Here in Newfoundland and Labrador, clotheslines are still used to dry clothes using the wind, and we get lots of that! In many cities, clotheslines have been banned for one reason or another, but in the "energy-saving consciousness" that is beginning to take hold of our society, the use of natural clothes drying methods should be encouraged. Photos of clotheslines still get many comments from visitors to my sites.

The second image shows a wider view of the same yard. Here you can see how people in this province built their homes and outbuildings near the ocean.

I remember photographing the Masonic Temple in Twillingate many years ago and stopped to make a couple of images during my last trip there in 2004. I was surprised at such a large Masonic Lodge in such a small community.



No comments:

People

People It's been a while since I shared photos of people going about their daily activities, but I'll add more photos to my People 4...