Saturday, December 26, 2009

Active People





I hope all of you enjoyed Christmas Day with family and friends and I wish you all the best in the New Year.

As most of you know, January 1, 2010 will mark the 7th anniversary of my Photo of the Day. In 2006, I started posting to my Photo of the Day Blog and use it to archive my posts. Over the years, I have often asked for feedback regarding the format and content of my posts and have settled into sending 3 photos to my email lists and 5 to my Blog. Occasionally I upload a slide show in video format as well. I continue to choose photographic subjects and themes and try to include as much variety as possible. If you have suggestions or requests for photos, I will do my best to find appropriate images.

Today I chose photos of people involved in outdoor activities. The first photo was taken in Holyrood, Newfoundland on a cold winter day. I saw a few kids walking across the ice (which I considered unsafe) and stopped to capture a few images.

The second photo was taken in St. John's near Quidi Vidi Lake. I saw the small sailboats and racing shell and waited for the woman to walk into the scene before making the image. This area is a great place to capture images of people involved in physical activities.

I was photographing Northern Bay Sands on a foggy day when I saw a young woman walking along the sandy beach. I waited for her to pass the rocky shoreline before making this image.
The last two photos were taken in Deer Lake.



No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...