Monday, December 28, 2009

Hibbs Cove




A friend and I went on a photo trip to Hibb's Cove yesterday with the intention of photographing the remnants of a stage that has been falling down over the past several years. When we arrived, we discovered that there were none. I sent photos of that stage on Thursday, February 28, 2008 and you can check the photos and comments in the archives on my Blog - Photo of the Day Blog.

At the end of the road in this tiny town there used to be 4 small outbuildings which I have photographed in the past. Yesterday I discovered that 2 of them are no longer there. The first three photos were taken yesterday and the others were taken in 2001. If you look closely at the second photo you will see where one of the buildings once stood on the cliffs above Conception Bay.

Once again, these images illustrate that photographs document changes that occur in our world. Over a span of 8 years the fishing stage and several buildings that I have photographed previously have disappeared. Fortunately, there are photographs that show what it was like in the past.


No comments:

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...