Monday, April 11, 2022

Squirrel Feeder





Squirrel Feeder

A couple of days ago, I shared photos of a birdhouse that I purchased from a guy on the Salmonier Line/ The same guy made a squirrel feeder as an experiment. I wanted something that I could put peanuts in and the blue jays couldn't get them.  Unless a squirrel takes peanuts from us, the blue jays around here will definitely take them! 

He built one that could be attached to a tree and had a hole in the bottom so squirrels could go through to get to the peanuts in the jar, which screws into the feeder. 

I attached it to the tree, filled the jar with peanuts, and waited! Later that day, I checked and the peanuts were gone. The next morning I filled it again and we spotted a squirrel climbing into the feeder and coming down with a peanut.  Within a few minutes, the bottle was empty again. 

I am happy to say that the squirrel feeder works exactly the way I wanted!

Feel free to Share!

 

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...