Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Dandelions













Dandelions

I don't hate dandelions growing in my yard and, unless they are in my vegetable or flower gardens I leave them alone except to photograph them. As you can see from my photos many insects visit dandelions in the early spring.  These flowers generally provide the first food of the spring for insects. People can eat them too!  I have made dandelion jelly a few times, and I have eaten the leaves as "greens" with a dinner. Everything, including the roots on the dandelion is good for you! Yet, people hate them!  I have heard that some cities will fine their residents for having dandelions in their yards.  

I have 2 Dandelion Albums online:

Feel free to Share!


 

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...