Monday, June 28, 2021

Laburnum











Laburnum

Around 5 years ago, a friend brought me a laburnum tree that had been out of the ground for 3 or 4 days.  I had a hole dug in my backyard and planted it.  We supported it, but it didn't do very well.  I can't count how many times I would look out and it was lying flat on the ground - in all seasons.  I tied it to several large trees nearby, but after 3 years I cut the support lines and left it to nature.  

It has survived since then despite the damage to the bark that was caused by the supports I used.  This year, it has the most flowers yet so I am hoping that it has finally stabilized and will continue to thrive.

You can view my Laburnum album here - https://www.facebook.com/media/set?vanity=kbrucelaneflowers&set=a.2792442127450586

Feel Free to Share!

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook:

 

No comments:

Old Houses Today I started my 19th Old Houses and Outbuildings Facebook Album. I started with photos of an old house in Bareneed on the Port...