Thursday, June 24, 2021

The Matthew










The Matthew

It was a rainy, wet and cold day on June 24, 1997, when The Matthew sailed into the welcoming town of Bonavista to crowds of cold spectators.  I was among them and, luckily, qualified for a press pass that allowed me to get into a few of the celebrations.  It was a historical event that celebrated 500 years since John Cabot's discovery of the island of Newfoundland.  The Matthew was a replica of the ship that Cabot sailed across the ocean in the spring of 1497 and it took nearly 3 months to make the journey.

You can view my photos from that day here - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=KBruceLanePhotography&set=a.1324607281013381

Feel Free to Share!

You can view more of my photos on my website and Facebook:





 

No comments:

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel

Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel In May 2016, my wife and I had a pleasurable stay at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel in Banff, Alberta. Of cou...