Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Icebergs 5











Icebergs 5

Today's photos show an iceberg in Ochre Pit Cove, Conception Bay that were taken 3 days apart in 2002.  You can see how the shape changed in that short period of time.  

It may be hard for people around the world to imagine living in a place where huge chunks of ice, formed 10,000 years ago, float by their communities and sometimes get grounded and stay around until enough melts for it to become dislodged and float away.  I really like making photographs of the icebergs and often include buildings and/or the shoreline.


You can view all my Iceberg Galleries at: http://www.lanephotography.com/icebergs/icebergs2.htm

Feel free to share today's photos with family and friends.

Photos of the Day are for sale as:

No comments:

Lupines

Lupines I will share photos of Lupines to my most recent Lupines Facebook Album over the next few days. I really like lupines and, when I mo...