Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Fortress of Louisbourg 1






I visited the Fortress of Louisbourg in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia in the summer of 2005 and have shared a few images from that visit in the past. For the next few days I would like to share images of this National Historic Site which is the largest historical reconstruction in Canada. My apologies if I duplicate photos I sent before.

The Fortress of Louisbourg is huge and I was only there for 2.5 hours and have over 650 photos. I will visit again, for a longer period next time, because I didn't get the opportunity to photograph the inside of most buildings. To be honest, I think you would need at least a full day or two in order to see and photograph everything at the site.

The photos were taken in the first building on the site. The people dressed in period costumes spoke to us as though they were living in the past and showed us some of the everyday things they were using. Obviously, they are reproductions, antiques and artifacts, which I also enjoy photographing. I was busy taking photographs of the items on display using my wide angle lens with ISO 800 and hand-held without a flash.


No comments:

Main Beach Pond

Main Beach Pond It wasn't sunny, but it was 8°C and little wind, making it a nice Spring day for a hike to Main Beach Pond. After all th...