Thursday, March 18, 2010

Purple Finch







Purple Finches were also eating seeds off the ground directly in front of the basement window that same day in the winter of 2004. I thought I'd share a few more images of the colourful males taken from ground level.

My plan is to share a few more images of birds for another day or two before moving on. Someone asked how many photos I took that morning in order to capture such good close-ups. When I checked, I took around 230 images in a span of 5 minutes. The birds flew away when I first opened the window, and came back fairly shortly afterwards. I shot as fast as I could because one never knows when or if they will return. As I said already this week, I haven't seen them around for at least 5 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i absolutely enjoy your own posting kind, very exciting,
don't give up and keep penning due to the fact that it simply nicely to read it,
looking forward to browse through alot more of your content articles, regards :)

Bald Eagles

Bald Eagles I spent a rainy day yesterday organizing my Facebook Albums that featured photographs of different bird species. Now, I can find...