Saturday, March 06, 2010

Fortress of Louisbourg 4






Today's photos were taken during a ceremony during which soldiers marched into the square, then fired muskets and a large canon. Of course, I made several photos of the activity and am sharing a few with you today

I do not know the reason why some soldiers are wearing red and others blue. The man in the second image has a different uniform completely and, since he was giving the orders I figured he was a higher rank. The smoke from the cannon was enough to nearly obscure the soldiers nearby.

Yesterday, someone left an interesting comment on my Photo of the Day Blog:

I'm enjoying your Louisbourg posts. Its my second home! I looked at the gallery on your website as well and was very pleased to see a photo of my dad, who we lost last year, he loved the Fortress as well and it was his passion to the day he left us. Beautiful work, thanks for sharing it in your blog.

It is interesting how a photo I made without much thought evokes a variety of feelings and emotions to viewers.

No comments:

George Street United Church

George Street United Church In 2006, while working on a project about religion in Newfoundland and Labrador, I visited the 150-year-old chur...